Connect and communicate with the movers and shakers
SAM Lead for SoftwareONE Ireland, Business Development Manager Northern Ireland
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Computer Software industry
July 2012 – Present (5 months) Ireland
Working as part of a team to deliver SAM services and solutions across multiple clients and industries.
SoftwareONE is a licensing solutions provider with the unique combination of being truly global, fully-focused on software licensing solutions, and privately-owned since 1985. Our 1000+ licensing professionals provide expertise through a consultative, long-term approach, helping you optimize your software spend, while facilitating relationships between you, software publishers, and local service partners. We help you uncover the true value of software licensing. We’re immersed in the complexities of software licensing so you don’t have to be. We dig deep into the fine print for solutions that make your licensing agreements work for you. Our sole focus gives us the edge. And helps you accomplish more.
SoftwareONE’s SAM program eliminates the guesswork normally associated with the software licensing process. It enables you to make fact-based purchasing and asset management decisions backed by detailed information on deployed software and application usage within your environment. Whether you need a single snapshot of your software environment or an ongoing program across your organization, SoftwareONE offers several levels of service depending on your business needs.
The Software Licensing Experts
Software Asset Management
VARassist Partner Program.
Business & Scientific Services Ltd
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Telecommunications industry
September 2011 – June 2012 (10 months) Belfast, United Kingdom
• Consultant responsible for support of several Microsoft SBS Customers.
• Technical lead in development and deployment of Software Asset Management service.
• Key role in a technical pre-sales position for provision of Managed Services offering.
• Application Performance Management consultation
• Development of Software Asset Management Service:
Design and Deployment of Toolset to enable Business and Scientific Services to provide SAM Services.
Successfully delivered seven Microsoft SAM Baseline engagements
Subsequently sold toolset and consultancy time for staff training to five customers to be used for internal SAM administration and hardware inventory requirements.
• Management of Microsoft Small Business Server customers:
Complete management of customer IT requirements
Deployment of new SBS and member servers
Management of security ranging from firewall through to end point protection.
• Application Performance Management Consultation:
Support of several Opnet key customers, providing technical support.
Provision of training for use of APM suite internally for several customers.
Translink Northern Ireland
March 2008 – September 2011 (3 years 7 months) Belfast, United Kingdom
• IT Technical Analyst with responsibility for the administration of circa 200 Windows 2003, 2008 and 2000 servers.
• Data centre management – Responsibility for two main datacentres for the company, including UPS and air conditioning management.
• Corporate Website IT Lead – Manage and co-ordinate all configuration changes to the Translink website, working under ITIL best practise for Change and Release, Configuration management, Liaise with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Re-design of Datacentre for Corporate Headquarters:
Specification and tender for 60KVa UPS
Overseen all electrical work to provision power to room
Implemented full audit of servers to ensure adequate room cooling was provided.
Designed and implemented new server rack design to enable fault tolerance and fail over.
• Implementation of new Corporate Website
Key member of Problem Management Team.
IT Lead for Multi-disciplinary Problem Management Team.
Liaised with all stakeholders to facilitate problem resolution.
Engagement with World Leading Network Performance Analysts
• Implementation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Planned and implemented Blackberry Enterprise Server
Designed and applied security policy for devices.
Organised and carried out training days for Executive team
Carried roll out of initial 90 devices
On-going support of Blackberry users
• Business Continuity
Appointed Manager responsible for Business Continuity within Information Services
Part of Multi Disciplinary Team across all sections of Translink to design write and implement corporate Business Continuity Plan
Business Development Manager, SAM Lead for SoftwareONE Ireland
• A well organised, reliable and technically aware IT Professional with a high level of technical expertise. • Excellent Communication Skills.• A professional and approachable demeanour.• A ‘team player’ with extensive experience of working in a team to achieve shared goals & objectives.• Extremely conscientious and self motivated with a commitment to lifelong learning.• Familiar with product advances and evolving technology.
Software Asset Management
Admininstration of Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Application Performance Management.
Speak to me about Software Asset Management. SoftwareONE can assist you in all aspects of SAM. Thereby enabling you to drive maximum value from your licensing investments. For more information please message me here or email me firstname.lastname@example.org