What is VITAL?
VITAL is a new approach to business creation. It distinguishes between the originator of the business idea and the SME/entrepreneur who can commercialise the idea. It therefore provides a novel option for the idea owner who may not have the time, resources, knowledge or commercial expertise to make it happen. It can also allow the idea owner to profit from market success. Similarly it can give those in need of new business opportunities access to evaluated knowledge based ideas and support with the commercialisation process.
The aim of the project is to identify our region’s best knowledge based ideas, connect them to new and existing businesses and create a positive economic impact in Northern Ireland and counties Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Leitrim, Louth and Sligo.
There is no charge for participating on VITAL, however, if successful, you must be prepared to commit resources, time and effort to the project.
How VITAL Works
- It identifies and validates a pool of ideas for commercialisation
- VITAL identifies SMEs, seasoned entrepreneurs and senior managers with the skills and knowledge to bring the ideas onto a commercial platform
- It offers access to Technology Transfer and Licensing opportunities
- VITAL matches the right idea to an appropriate partner
- VITAL can assist with fast tracking the route to market through one to one mentoring, consultancy, access to market knowledge and priming capital if required.
This project has been supported by the European Union’s INTERREG IVA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body